Where is the clinic located?
- The Pedatric Neurology Clinic is conveniently located just off of the QEW at Trafalgar Road in Oakville
- Located in ‘Argus Medical Centre’
- 5min walk from Oakville GO Station
- See ‘Contact Us’ for full address and directions
What other services are offered in the building?
- Diagnostics (XRay, Ultrasound, ECG)
- Physiotherapy Clinic
Is parking available?
- Yes parking is available and is free, however the parking lot can get busy
Is the building accessible?
- Yes, the building is fully accessible with wheelchair ramp and elevator
What are your hours of operation?
- The phones are generally answered Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm
- The office is generally closed on weekends and Statutory Holidays
Will appointments always be held at this clinic?
- The vast majority of the time, appointments are held at the Pediatric Neurology Clinic on Argus Rd (see ‘Contact Us’ for full address)
- Rarely, first-visit appointments are held at the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital Pediatric Outpatient Clinics. If this is the case for your first appointment, it will be specifically mentioned at the time of booking your appointment with the clinic secretary
What will happen at the first appointment?
The first appointment will primarily include
- Gathering information about the symptom(s) that the child is having
- The Neurologist will conduct a neurological exam
- There is discussion about the cause(s) of the symptoms and the management plan moving forward, including any testing that may be ordered
- Of note, at times the Neurologist may request some blood tests. If timing permits and fasting is not required, blood work can possibly be completed in the laboratory (LifeLabs) in the Lower Level of the building after the appointment
The first appointment will not include
- Completion of some tests such as EEG or MRI. These tests may be requested by the Neurologist at the first visit, but they are conducted on a separate date at another location/hospital
Is teleconferencing available?
- Yes, at times, follow-up appointments are conducted via Teleconference (Ontario Teleconference Network, OTN)
- Note, teleconferencing is NOT available for New/First Visit appointments
- Ultimately, whether or not an appointment can be conducted via teleconference is left up to the Doctor’s discretion, and may not always be possible based on the nature of the visit.